Thursday 10 December 2015

It’ll Take Me 6 Months To Recover – Rousey


Ronda Rousey has revealed it could take her up to six months to fully recover from injuries sustained in her brutal knockout defeat to Holly Holm last month.

Rousey was undefeated in six UFC contests prior to being knocked clean out by a head kick from Holm in the second round of their women’s bantamweight title contest at UFC 193 in Melbourne.
The 28-year-old American confessed that she had suffered damage to her teeth in the shock loss to Holm which would prevent her getting back in the octagon for several months.
“It might be three to six months before I can eat an apple, let alone take an impact,” Rousey said.
“I need to come back. I need to beat this chick. Who knows if I’m going to pop my teeth out or break my jaw or rip my lip open again? I have to do it. It doesn’t matter. I have to do it.”
However, Rousey insists that despite the disappointment of the defeat she plans on reclaiming her crown while she remains in peak physical condition.
“I just feel so embarrassed. How I fought is such an embarrassing representation of myself. Maybe I can’t do it all before my prime, before my body is done,” she said. “But… maybe I can.”

No comments: